Chances are you’re well aware of how you can save money by switching energy suppliers… Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the past decade! You search online for the best deal for you, then you apply to switch from your current supplier to your new one. It’s a great way to save money on utility bills. It is still time consuming though. I, for one haven’t done it for a good 5 years. Imagine if you could switch suppliers automatically…? Read on to find out how you can make that can happen!
Save money on utility bills
As mentioned, you can save a fair amount of money by switching energy suppliers. But it’s yet another job to add to your to do list annually. If you register for Look After My Bills, (also known as LAMB) they can do it automatically for you every year!
How It Works…
- You sign up for the website. (Which takes just a couple of minutes, as long as you have your last gas and electric bills to hand).
- The Look after my bills team search far and wide for the deal which will save you the most money, based on your family’s usage.
- They arrange for you to be switched to the new supplier.
- You save money.
- When your deal ends, the look after my bills team will repeat the process on your behalf. So you will once again get the best deal – without lifting a finger!
- If you don’t like the company that look after my bills select, one quick phone call within 14 days will cancel the switch.
They don’t just consider the amount of money you’ll save, though. Some energy companies don’t have great customer service, so LAMB say it’s not worth moving to them for the sake of a couple of pounds.
The best deal for you depends on where you live and how much energy you use, so you may not get offered the same rate as your auntie jean who lives alone, 200 miles away.
More About Look After My Bills…
If the brand name sounds familiar, it might be because they were on Dragon’s Den. LAMB got the best deal in the history of the show, by selling just 3% of the business to the dragons.
What does it cost?
The Look after my bills system costs you nothing to use. They make money by being paid commission from the energy supplier they switch customers to. You save money on utility bills, they make money from the provider, for introducing you.
Look After My Bills already have over 100,000 members. They are the most established energy switching company.
The service can save people on average, £251, while some people have saved £400 a year.
I registered for the service myself, to see what all the fuss was about and this was what I was offered…
I currently pay £173 per month, with Eon. So that definitely ticks the save money on utility bills box! Hubby and I both work from home, so use a LOT of power. This is a massive saving for us, and definitely one I will be taking.
Finally, if you enjoyed this post, why not check out my lifestyle category!