I’m a self confessed chocoholic. I swear, I only get through some days because of the thought of my evening treat! I’m pretty impatient too, so when I found a chocolate microwave mug cake recipe, I couldn’t wait to try it!
I’ve been making this recipe for well over a year now, and have tweaked it slightly over time.
Here’s a video showing how it’s made, and I’ll pop a written breakdown below the video…
1x Large, microwaveable Mug (I use one which holds 500ml).
1x Table Spoon.
4x Tablespoons Self Raising Flour
4x Tablespoons Caster Sugar
2x Tablespoons Cocoa
3x Tablespoons Milk
3x Tablespoons Oil (I use Sunflower oil)
1x Dash Vanilla Essence
1x Medium Egg
- Measure all of the dry ingredients into the cup first. Add the wet ingredients.
- Mix together with a fork until fully blended – make sure you scrape the bottom of the cup well. (It should look like this)…
- Put the cup in the microwave on high. (The below times are based on 800w Microwave).
- Zap for 1 Minute 45 Seconds for a runny, chocolate core centre, or for 2 minutes if you prefer a solid chocolate sponge cake.
- Carefully remove from the microwave. Either eat straight from the cup, or turn it out onto a plate and smother it with custard, ice cream or cream – EPIC!
Let me know if you make it, and what you think of it! Considering it takes less than 5 minutes from deciding you want to make this, and sitting down to eat it, I reckon its pretty epic! It satisfies even the biggest chocolate craving too!