Today, I’m sharing my easy chocolate mug cake recipe. Almost everyone knows that I’m a self confessed chocoholic. My husband swears I only get through some days because of the thought of my evening treat! I’m pretty impatient too, so when I found a chocolate microwave mug cake recipe, I couldn’t wait to try it!
I’ve been making this mug cake recipe for well over a year now, and have tweaked it slightly over time, to make it even more delicious.
Easy Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe
Here’s a video showing how it’s made, and I’ll also pop a written breakdown below the video…
- Large, microwaveable Mug (I use one which holds 500ml).
- 1x Table Spoon
- 1x Fork
Easy Chocolate Mug Cake Ingredients:
- 4x Tablespoons Self Raising Flour
- 4x Tablespoons Caster Sugar
- 2x Tablespoons Cocoa
- 3x Tablespoons Milk
- 3x Tablespoons Oil (I use Sunflower oil)
- 1x Dash Vanilla Essence
- 1x Medium Egg
- Measure all of the dry ingredients into the cup.
- Add the wet ingredients.
- Mix together with a fork until fully blended – make sure you scrape the bottom of the cup well, so the ingredients aren’t stuck there. (It should look like this)…
- Put the cup in the microwave on high. (The below times are based on 800w Microwave, so adjust as per your own microwave’s power).
- Zap for 1 Minute 45 Seconds for a runny, chocolate core centre, or for 2 minutes if you prefer a solid chocolate sponge cake.
- Carefully remove the mug cake from the microwave. Either eat straight from the cup, or turn it out onto a plate and smother it with custard, ice cream or cream – EPIC!
Let me know if you make it, and what you think of it! Considering it takes less than 5 minutes from deciding you want to make this, and sitting down to eat it, I reckon its pretty epic! It satisfies even the biggest chocolate craving too, so make sure you give it a try next time you need a chocolate fix!
Additionally, find more recipes and lifestyle content here.
I am linking this old post up with #blogtober for day 16’s “Perfect Recipes For You” prompt.
Finally, why not check out my other Blogtober blog posts here. You can also find blog posts from other bloggers via the Big Family Chaos linky, by clicking the badge below.